Good Morning Ladies!
Today we'll cook again something light! It is a dessert of French origin - Les œufs à la neige or Floating Islands. Dessert is easy to prepare, light and refreshing! Next to be served is fresh strawberries, sprinkled with powdered sugar and chocolate sprinkles.
So, let's say something about this dessert: A floating island is a European dessert of French origin, a dessert consisting of meringue floating on crème anglaise (a vanilla custard). The meringues are prepared from whipped egg whites, sugar and vanilla extract then quickly poached. The crème anglaise is prepared with the egg yolks, vanilla, and hot milk, briefly cooked.
There is some confusion about the name. In French cuisine, the terms œufs à la neige ("eggs in snow") and île flottante (floating island) are sometimes used interchangeably; the latter is the source of the English name. The difference between the two dishes is that île flottante sometimes contains islands made of "alternate layers of alcohol-soaked dessert biscuits and jam. It is also traditionally made in Slovenia, where it is called "snežene kepe" (snow balls or eggs in snow) - the same like in french! It was inherited from the Austrian Empire cuisine.
- 1 package of Vanilla Pudding Dr. Oetker or similar
- 1/2 l milk
- 3 eggs (just whites)
.- fresh strawberries
- powder sugar
- chocolate chips
Pictures and editing by Me
1. Separate the whites from the yolks.
2. Beat the egg whites hard.
3. Milk should to boil.
4. Capture egg whites with a tablespoon and cook them in a milk fast (above 1 min), then put them in a bowl.
5. Follow the manufacturer's instructions and let's cook pudding in the rest of milk.
6. Pudding pour over the dumplings. Let it dish to cool.
7. Wash the strawberries, place on a plate and sprinkle with powder sugar and chocolate chips.
- paket vanilijevega pudinga
- 1/2 ltra mleka
- 3 jajca (le beljaki)
- sveže jagode
- malo sladkorja v prahu in čokoladnih ostružkov
Fotografije in obdelava slik: Claudine RO
1. Ubijemo jajca in ločimo beljake od rumenjakov.
2. Beljake trdo stepemo.
3. Pristavimo mleko in ga kuhamo, da zavre.
4. Z jedilno žlico zajamemo stepene beljake in žličnike na hitro povremo v mleku, nato jih damo v posodo.
5. Po navodilih v preostanku mleka zakuhamo puding in ga prelijemo po sneženih kepah.
6. Jagode operemo, damo na krožnik in posujemo s sladkorjem v prahu in čokoladnim čipsom.