Hi, guys! How are U? Well, me just perfect, thanks:-) Today, my hubby is cooking for me.;-) Aha, it was a dessert and something really easy, delicious and fresh: Candied banana fritters! I like this dessert also in some chinese restaurants, because these fritters are actually a traditional chinese dessert, but I like it so much and in our kitchen was an oooold Book and we had nothing to do today, also it was a rainy day ... So, it was the time for cooking and the time for spending a cozy and funny afternoon with my family. Try to prepare this delicious dessert too, guys! Just do it, You'll see, it's SOOO EASY!!! Bon Appétit! Nyaaaamiii ...mmmmmm .....
Have a nice Day my ladies and don't forget:
Love goes (also) through the stomach!:-)
... and here is the recipe:
Candied Banana Fritters
Batter-covered bananas are deep-fried and coated in a syrupy glaze For richer flavor, deep-fry the bananas a second time at 325 degrees F. before dipping in the sugar syrup. This recipe can also be used to make candied apples - use 4 medium apples.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Preparing and Deep-frying the bananas:
1. Cut the bananas into 1 1/2 inch lengths (about 5 pieces per banana).
2. Combine the egg and the water, and then stir into the flour to make a batter.3. Heat the oil for deep-frying to 365 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a fork to dip each banana slice into the batter, roll it around and coat it with the batter. (If needed, push the banana off the fork with your finger, then use the fork to push the banana around in the batter to recoat it. Respear it with the fork).
4. Carefully add a few slices of battered banana into the hot oil. Deep-fry, until they are golden brown and the batter is crispy (about 3 minutes). Remove the banana slices with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Caramelizing the bananas:
Note: Since the caramelized sugar starts hardening and becomes difficult to work with quite quickly, it’s easiest to caramelize half the bananas at a time:
1. Fill 2 bowls with ice cold water and several ice cubes, and place in the freezer while preparing the sugar syrup.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil on low-medium heat, then add 3/4 cup sugar, stirring constantly until it turns a golden brown (about 5 minutes). Be careful not to burn the sugar. Remove the wok from the heat and stir in half the sesame seeds. Set out the ice bath.
3. Working quickly, use a fork to place a banana slice in the sugar syrup mixture and turn to coat it in the syrup. Place the banana in the ice water for several seconds, until the sugar coating has hardened. Place the banana on a sheet of wax paper. Continue with the remainder of the banana slices. If the syrup starts to cool and harden, heat again on low heat, stirring constantly, until it is liquid.
4. Caramelize the second half of the bananas, repeating steps 2 and 3 and using the second ice bath.
*If you like, feel free to use black sesame seeds, which are thought to help prevent hair from graying
Nedeljski recept: "KARAMELNE BANANE"
Že veste, kako boste danes razvajale svoje najdražje? Še ne? No, pred vami je recept in sladica, s katero me je danes presenetil moj dragi. Karamelne banane. Recept je zgoraj - rezultat prav tako!:-) Jed je enostavna, lahka in resnično okusna. Ravno prav za sladico v nedeljo, ko je zunaj dež in dolgočasno razpoloženje. Recept je iz knjige "Sladice", Založbe Učila, stran 108 (spodaj). Mislim, da jo lahko kupite praktično vsepovsod - tudi v Intersparovem marketu. Tako, zdaj pa na delo! In ne pozabite: Ljubezen gre (tudi) skozi želodec! Se vidimo kmalu ... Poljubček, Claudine;-)
Pictures and image processing by me
Bon Appetit and Dober tek!